We had a fabulous turnout of over 100 people at our D.C. ADU Homeowner Workshop on Jan. 31, 2019, at District Architecture Center!
If you are able, please fill out this survey about the workshop so that we can make sure our future events meet your needs; we want to make sure we’re helping you access the correct and necessary resources to build an ADU.
And, if you haven’t already, join the D.C. ADU online forum.
- ADU workshop program with contact information for all experts
- Introduction to ADUs in D.C.
- Design & building codes presentation, by architect Ileana Schinder
- Common questions about the construction process, by Wall to Wall Construction
- Zoning requirements for accessory apartments, by Tarek Bolden
Stories about ADUs in D.C. have recently on UrbanTurf (“Adaptive reuse to granny pod: A look at two ADUs in D.C.”) and Greater Greater Washington (“Accessory apartments make money and increase the housing supply. Here’s how to build one” and “10 things to look for if you’re considering creating an accessory apartment,” both by Ileana Schinder).
Many thanks to our partners United Planning Organization and in the D.C. ADU workgroup, and our generous sponsors—Wall to Wall Construction, BB&T Home Mortgage, and AIA|DC—for their support of our workshop. CSG is a donor-supported organization; if you like our work, please consider making a contribution to us today.
And, once again: Please, take our survey!
Image via buildinganadu.com