City Council is set to vote on Alexandria’s updated mobility plan following a public hearing on Oct. 16. This plan is critical for more sustainable and equitable transportation in Alexandria — focusing on increasing walking, biking, and transit options, while making our streets safer for all users and modes. Let’s make sure it’s approved! If you haven’t yet, tell the City Council that you support the updated mobility plan.
In addition to sending an email, you are encouraged to speak at the upcoming public hearing in support of the plan’s goals for mobility in the city.
City Council Public Hearing – Oct. 16 at 9:30am – Sign Up to Speak
The Alexandria Mobility Plan (AMP) is the result of a community-driven planning process that identified key priorities and recommendations to improve reliability, safety, and travel options in the city. The AMP strives to:
- Give all Alexandrians convenient options in how they travel
- Make transit easy to use and more reliable
- Continue towards Vision Zero designing safer streets and reducing speeding
- Complete missing pedestrian and bicycle connections
- Utilize technology to improve safety and efficient use of the street network
- Proactively and equitably manage curb space for different needs (dining, bikeshare, loading/pick-up, parking, etc.)
The updated mobility plan will set a course for Alexandria to continue moving towards a more equitable, sustainable, and livable city. You can review the final draft of the AMP and learn more at the project website here.