CSG in the News: Billions Have Been Spent Trying to Solve NoVA’s Traffic Problem — Is it Enough?

December 8, 2022 | Washington Post | Emily Freehling

While we’re seeing some progress, CSG’s Schwartz says federal and state funding programs still have a strong bias toward road expansion over transit spending.

“Transit projects have to jump through far more hoops than any road project,” he says, pointing out that only about 20 percent of total federal transportation spending goes toward transit, with the other 80 percent going to roadbuilding.

“How do we convince our departments of transportation to shift that money to a more sustainable approach?”